As our readers know, investing in marijuana stocks is still considered taboo by some investors.
That can make it difficult to find news and updates on marijuana stocks, since the mainstream media generally avoids covering the cannabis industry because of its taboo status.
However, we know cannabis is more than just a trend. And because the goal of Money Morning is to make investing profitable, we make sure our readers are always up-to-date on the biggest marijuana news that could move the prices of pot stocks.
Entering the month of May, we have 10 marijuana stocks to watch.
|Company||Stock Symbol||Price as of May 1||YTD Percent Change|
|Scotts Miracle-Gro Co.||SMG||$96.59||+0.99%|
|Zynebra Pharmaceuticals Inc.||ZYNE||$20.98||+35.28%|
|Corbus Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc.||CRBP||$7.20||+2,566.67%|
|General Cannabis Corp.||CANN||$1.82||-43.28%|
|Earth Science Tech Inc.||ETST||$0.95||-59.5%|
|Grow Condos Inc.||GRWC||$0.91||-24.02%|
|VPR Brands LP||VPRB||$0.34||+17.65%|
Here’s why these are some of the top pot stocks to watch right now…
10 Marijuana Stocks to Watch Right Now
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. (NYSE: SMG) is well-known for its lawn maintenance products, but it’s also becoming a well-known name in the marijuana industry. CEO Jim Hagedorn has acquired and invested in companies that specialize in fertilizer for marijuana growers and hydroponic equipment. SMG will report earnings on Tuesday, May 2, 2017, and according FactSet estimates, Scotts is expected to report earnings per share of $2.90 on $1.28 billion in sales.
- Zynerba Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: ZYNE) develops and commercializes synthetic cannabinoid therapeutics. Zynerba’s next earnings report is on May 18, 2017, and we are closely watching if the earnings justify an aggressive price target. Analysts who cover ZYNE have a one-year price target of $32.25, which could be a potential profit of 53.71% over the next 12 months.
- Corbus Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: CRBP) is a pharmaceutical company that develops and commercializes therapeutics to treat fibrotic and inflammatory disease. Like Zynerba, we are closely watching Corbus’ next earnings report (May 17, 2017). Analysts who cover CRBP have a one-year price target of $22.25, which could be a profit of more than 210% over the next 12 months.
- General Cannabis Corp. (OTCKMTS: CANN) provides consulting services, financing, and security to marijuana businesses. Right now, General Cannabis is expanding its security division to California, which voted to legalize recreational marijuana in November 2016. According to MMJReporter.com, CANN announced on March 27 it would soon open an office in Sacramento but did not provide an official opening date.
- Earth Science Tech Inc. (OTCMKTS: ETST) is a biotech company that develops dietary supplements for health and alternative medicine markets. On April 11, the company announced it was targeting breast cancer and other women’s health issues with its latest CBD-based drug developments and research initiatives. Earth Science’s goal is to develop generic pharmaceutical breast cancer and chemo-prevention drugs that are affordable and available to women worldwide.
- Grow Condos Inc. (OTCMKTS: GRWC) purchases, develops, and manages industrial properties across the United States. It offers turnkey grow facilities and is developing cannabis RV parks and destinations. We’re watching GRWC closely because it will soon launch the first pot-friendly campground in Oregon, according to Statesman Journal. Grow Condos purchased a five-acre property in March that will be called “Smoke on the Water.” According to Oregon Cannabis Connection, the company had a soft opening on April 20, 2017. Eventually, the campground will reportedly have a marijuana dispensary on the property.
- MassRoots Inc. (OTCMKTS: MSRT) is a social media network for cannabis enthusiasts. The company is currently generating a lot of buzz because of a major announcement on April 20. Specifics weren’t provided, but the company will partner with Maya Elisabeth (award-winning edibles maker) and Whoopi Goldberg, who own a cannabis company called Whoopi and Maya.
- VPR Brands LP (OTCMKTS: VPRB) is a technology holding company with U.S. and Chinese patents for products like medical marijuana vaporizers. The company recently entered the High Times Cannabis Cup So-Cal, held April 21-23. It finished second in the vape pen cartridges category for its HoneyStick Sub-Ohm Starter Kit, which should bring increased attention to VPR’s offerings.
- Endexx Corp. (OTCMKTS: EDXC) offers medical marijuana management services and technology solutions. For example, the company manages patient data and incorporates best patient privacy practices through its technology platform. Endexx CEO Todd Davis recently presented at the Planet MicroCap Showcase, held April 26-28. The three-day conference brought together small- and micro-cap companies with executives, investors, and financial professionals.
- Advantis Corp. (OTCMKTS: ADVT) develops and markets products in the medical cannabis, pharmaceutical, and research sectors. Today, Advantis announced it’s receiving increased demand for its premium vape product, Amstercan. According to a press release today (May 1), Chateau Cannabis Co. placed an order that was triple the amount of its first order in March. Nature’s Top Shelf ordered 5,000 Amstercans for its first order and is requesting that amount on a monthly basis.
Source: 420 Intel – United States