Now in its 14th year, The Emerald Cup prides itself in bringing together experts and educators in the cannabis field from fellow farmers, patients, and patrons each year. It is a community celebration that has grown to become a global movement honoring the year’s finest, organic, sun-grown, medicinal cannabis harvest, according to a press release.
The 2017 Emerald Cup has a new Competition Guide! The Competition Guide outlines in-take submission process, in-take dates and locations, 2017 Categories and awards, specialty awards, weight and packaging requirements, disqualification parameters and paper entry form. Important changes to note are outlined, however, The Emerald Cup encourages every applicant to please read through The Emerald Cup 2017 Competition Guide here.
Deadlines (Nov. 10)
Due to the overwhelming success of The Emerald Cup competition, 2017’s event will be holding firm to the product submission deadlines as outlined here and below. The deadline for all entries is Nov. 10 with the exception of sun grown flowers, which is Nov. 17. The firm deadlines ensure that every submission is vetted by SC labs and entered into the double blind judging process.
In-Take Appointments Are Strongly Encouraged
Another new change to highlight is the contest submission process. Each applicant will be asked to schedule an in-take appointment with an Emerald Cup coordinator. Appointments can be made after online applications and fees are received. You can apply online here. Once your application is received you will be contacted by an in-take coordinator to schedule your in-take appointment. Enter early to get the best dates and times for an in-take appointment.
Contestants who would prefer to submit a paper entry form and pay for their entries with cash will be accommodated. Contestants should email email@example.com to schedule their appointment. Forms and cash will be accepted at the time of their intake appointment.
New Weight and Packaging Requirements
In-take locations will only accept properly broken-down and packaged entries, entries that are not packaged and/or broken-down per the guidelines may result in disqualification from the competition. In-take coordinators are available should you have questions. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Break-down and packaging guidelines can be found here.
More Drop-Off Locations
For companies and farms that may not be able to make it to the in-take drop off centers, The Emerald Cup will be holding satellite days around California. During the first two weeks in November, The Emerald Cup will be on the road with in-take events in Los Angeles, Sacramento, South Lake Tahoe, Oakland, Garberville, San Jose, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo and Arcata. Dates, locations and event activities are listed here.
In short, read the new 2017 submissions guidelines here, submit your products early and by appointment, break-down and package your entries per the guidelines and attend the Satellite Days events near you.
Submission Fee, Locations and Deadlines
Entry fee is $400 and includes
1. Full spectrum testing from SC Labs
2. One weekend pass to the Emerald Cup
3. A contestant T-shirt and laminate
Drop-Off Locations By Appointment
1. Healing Harvest Farms – Laytonville
2. SC Labs – Santa Cruz
3. SC Labs – Santa Rosa
4. SC Labs – Santa Ana
• November 2 @ Alpine Alternative, Sacramento, CA
• November 3 @ Tahoe Wellness Cooperative, South Lake Tahoe, CA
• November 4 @ Harborside Health Center, Oakland, CA
• November 5 @ Elemental Wellness Center, San Jose, CA
• November 9 @ TBA, San Luis Obispo, CA
• November 10 @ TBA, Santa Barbara, CA
• November 12 @ Hitman Coffee Shop, Los Angeles, CA
• November 14 @ Wonderland Nursery, Garberville, CA
• November 15 @ TBA, Arcata, CA
Entry Deadlines (For all entries with exception of sun grown flowers, the deadline is Nov. 10.)
• Flowers – (Full Sun, Long Season) – Nov. 17, 2017
• Light Deprivation Flower – (Light Dep & 100% Solar Panel Light Source) – Nov. 10, 2017
• Solventless Concentrate – Nov. 10, 2017
• Rosin – Nov. 10, 2017
• Co2 (Cartridges) – Nov. 10, 2017
• Distillates (Vape Cartridges) – Nov. 10, 2017
• Edibles – Nov. 10, 2017
• Topical – Nov. 10, 2017
• Tincture – Nov. 10, 2017
• CBD Flower – Nov. 10, 2017
• CBD Concentrate – Nov. 10, 2017
• CBD Edible – Nov.10, 2017
• CBD Tincture – Nov. 10, 2017
• CBD Topical – Nov. 10, 2017
• Innovative Product – Nov. 10, 2017
The 14th Annual Emerald Cup
Dates: Saturday, December 9, 2017 – Sunday, December 10, 2017
Time: Doors at 11 am PT
Venue: Sonoma County Fairgrounds
Address: 1350 Bennett Valley Rd, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Admission: Varies // $60 – $400
Purchase Link: https://emeraldcup2017.eventbrite.com
Age restrictions: 18+
Top image courtesy of The Emerald Cup
Source: Cannabis Business Times